about design services main contact

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Plasticland (or When I Close My Eyes, I'm Joan Holloway)

Taking a little break in this super crazy day today (Seriously, what's with that?? Today seems like an avalance of hectic-ness for everyone...), I decided to windowshop at one of my favorite sources for eye candy online:



Oh Plasticland... How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.


I can be Joan Holloway





Or Brigitte Bardot






Or even Twiggy




These are largely pipe dreams due to my lack of bravery - not to mention that working from home means having very few occasions and places to wear excellent clothes.

My cowardice didn't stop me, though, from ordering a fabulous winter coat from them this summer.



I know, I know... "It's Houston! Why would you need a winter coat? Especially in the summer?"
Well, a) It's actually snowed twice in the 5 years I've lived here.
b) It's an excellent coat... Come on. Look at it.
c) I needed it to keep my 4 other winter coats company.......... (So maybe I have a coat addiction. So what?)

Anyway, that coat is gorgeous! The color is vibrant and unique, the wool is somehow light yet warm at the same time, and the lining is so soft I go into my closet just to touch it sometimes.

And the folks at Plasticland are totally professional and accomodating. There was a weird shipping fluke when I ordered my coat, but they handled it immediately and straightened everything out.
Awesomeness!

Go shop there!
Unleash your inner Mad Men!

Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails